Sunday, January 13, 2013

Little Helpers

At ten months, Tek gives every sign that any moment now he is going to take off and walk.  When I went shopping for his Christmas present, I knew that he was already walking around the furniture.  A baby carriage or stroller is not very masculine for a boy to push around, so I decided on a shopping cart.  There are many of them on the market.  Finally I decide on this Little Helper's shopping cart.

It was delivered one day and I simply put it away out of sight.  I knew that one day soon I would have to face the reality of putting this toy together and I kept putting that moment off.  Finally the other day when Tek's mother was here, I said, "Let's do it.  Will you help me?"

Carefully we opened the large box and Tek's mom leaned over and pulled the cart out.  "There," she said, "all done."   Both of us were completely surprised that no assembly was required.   Vastly relieved too.

Later that same day, Tek's older brother noticed the box with this great picture on the side.  He opened the top of the box.  We knew that Turk wanted to get the cart out so that he could check it out.  He reached into the large box and tried to lift the also large shopping cart out of the box.  Turk's mom was ready to whisk the box away, but I asked her to wait.  "Let's see how his

No comments:

Post a Comment