Monday, March 19, 2012

Posti

Dear Family
I just got back from doing an errand. I walked there to take care of something for Grandpa. Here are some pictures to give you a clue about where I went. What do you think I bought?





If you guessed that I went to the Post Office you are right. The sign on the door says Posti which is Finnish and Posten which is Swedish. Both languages are Official here in Finland. Most of the people in Helsinki speak Finnish. And I bought a stamp to go on a letter Grandpa is sending to France. If you look at the stamp you will see that it says Suomi. That is the name that the Finnish people call their country. And it is pronounced pretty much as it is spelled.
Su – o – me
Grandpa and I love you and miss you. We are looking forward to seeing you.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa


No comments:

Post a Comment