Thursday, March 22, 2012

Visiting le Motte Picquet, 41

I am glad that there are still a few of the old traditional style Metro entrances in Paris. They seem to be on their way to vanishing.
When we left Paris in December of 2007, the Metro station by our doorway was being torn apart. It was just beginning to be renovated. The walls curved at the top making an arch into the ceiling. As they tore down layer after layer, new treasures were revealed. We saw one advertisement from a newspaper that was from the 1930s. When we set out to our destination at l'Ecole Militaire, I was wondering about the finished product.


We noticed as we traveled around the city that a lot of the Metro stations had clean white ceramic walls.


I am sure you will be surprised to learn that I could not remember the code to get into the building. We had to call Kelly in the apartment.

Please notice the new paint job on the walls. The apartment looked lovely. There was no bed in the dining room and there were lovely chandeliers hanging in several of the years. Kelly's wife had dreams of a remodeled kitchen. I wonder if she is ready to come do a semester in Paris again. And I wonder if her dreams will come true and there will be a better kitchen.
I did notice that the Pattersons spoke of their landlord often. Not once did they refer to Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment