Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feels like Winter











































It is already lighter longer in the day than it was at the beginning of December. It is three thirty and it does not feel as if twilight has arrived. The high today though was about 19 degrees. Walking we periodically walked into a very cold wind. Amazing how one's teeth can feel as if they are freezing.

Here are a few pictures from today. We walked through the park and watched two little girls at the top of a very steep hill. When they finally got on their sledge together, they came flying down the hill and stopped far across the path that we were walking on. The little girl being pulled on the sled kept saying "Mamma! Mamma!" while her mother responded, "Yo, yo." The other two pictures are from the ice rink by the train station. The children playing on the hill of snow are playing on the snow removed from the rink.

I think there were moments when Earl/Dad felt cold and wished he had a second scarf. I am so grateful for Leanna's winter coat. Only my legs under my corduroy pants felt cold periodically and I wished I had put on my "long Johns."

It definitely is winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment