Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NO Shopping Therapy in Helsinki

Today has been a hard day. The temperature outside got up to 7 degrees F. I haven't been out. Earl went and taught his class and came home with freezing hands from his ten minute walk.

He says that some days you shouldn't go outside. And this is one of them.

I have decided that part of the blues is not just the temperature but I cannot even go to Costco or Ross for some shopping. Helsinki is without a doubt the most expensive place we have ever lived. I am not going shopping for me or for babies. When a baby hat costs 30 E, all I can do is groan. I cannot see how anyone can afford to dress their children.

So I am starting one book and dropping it and starting another book and dropping it. And doing indexing and puzzles. Ready to come home and meet the new baby, Leanna. But not going to happen. I had better find a good book to read on the shelf here.

No comments:

Post a Comment