Monday, September 12, 2011

Strollers everywhere























Much as I would like to, I have not found the courage to sit on a park bench and take pictures of all the people passing by pushing strollers There are strollers and carriages of so many types. I saw one on Saturday that looked a bit like hammocks on a ship. The second baby was on the bottom bunk with not much to see but the dark stroller seat above him.


There was a recession in the 1980s and Finland's population decreased as people left hoping to find work elsewhere in the EU. And those who stayed behind did not have children. We have been told that it has only been in the last decade that a lot of people have started having children again.


It is not unusual to see a mother with two youngsters or even three. It is also not unusual to see children of four or five in a special stroller. If you are on foot, it only makes sense to have some way to get your older child around. If I get really courageous before the cold sets in, I will try to get some pictures of my own.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great. I feel like so many countries in Europe hide their children away. They aren't wanted in public.

    ReplyDelete