Friday, September 16, 2011

Wellies with attitude




Everyone that we have talked to has told us that November is the most difficult month of the year. It is dark and rainy. When the snow comes, it lightens up the world.

So I have been looking at rubber boots. On other people's feet and at the store. I decided that I was going to buy some Wellington boots with attitude. Now that I have seen the pictures of my recent purchase, I am not sure that I made the right decision. They are super cute but maybe I should have gone for a shorter pair in plain red. Am I equal to this pair of wellies?

One of our favorite British television imports has been Midsomer Murders. Earl and I have joked about the show because invariably the trouble maker is shown with a unisex pair of Wellies and a nondescript raincoat. You cannot tell if the villain is a man or a woman with the ubiquitous Wellies the only clue.

My boots would probably be a dead give away in Midsomer. They definitely look like a woman's rubber boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment